Collaborate with us
All inquiries about partnering or volunteering with the Welcoming Communities Coalition can be directed to WCC Coordinator Julie Keumbehdjian at 250-830-0171 or by email.
Please get in touch if you are part of an organization that wants to collaborate on a local project or event that aligns with our mandate!
If you want to become a member or are interested in guiding our annual priorities in Campbell River and the Comox Valley, read on to find out how you can get involved.
Become a Coalition Member
In 2021 we had 65 coalition members in Campbell River and the Comox Valley.
The main points of engagement are:
- An annual Collaboratory among members
- Campbell River and Comox Valley Steering Committees
- An Immigrant Advisory Table
- Community Forums and Community Dialogues
There is no cost to become a member of the Coalition. Members can be anyone with a commitment to growing diversity and equal opportunities in Campbell River and the Comox Valley.
Active partner engagement is key to creating more inclusive and welcoming communities. Current coalition members represent sectors that are directly involved in, or have an interest in, the integration of newcomers, including employment/labour, social justice, government, education, health, emergency services, the faith community, and more.
Learn more about becoming a member – download the WCC Terms of Reference.
Volunteer with the Immigrant Advisory Table
The IAT is a selected group of local immigrant residents who provide valuable feedback and play an formative role in our strategic planning.
2019-2021 Immigrant Advisory Table:
- Vanessa Groult
- Arzeena Hamir
- Tina Jewell
- Yiyang Lu
- Jihyun (Tim) Leet
- Erica Amgalan Uyanga
- Ella Valdez
Volunteer with the Campbell River or Comox Valley Steering Committee
Members of these volunteer committees commit to a two-year term and guide the direction of the WCC and identify key issues of focus. Learn about the Steering Committees’ consensus decision-making process.
2019-2021 Committee Members:
- Mary Catherine Williams, United Way BC Central & Northern Vancouver Island
- Brenda Wagman, consultant & community member
- Jeanne Landry, Association Francophone de Campbell River
- Jenelle Pasiechnik, Campbell River Art Gallery
- Mary Ruth Snyder, Campbell River Chamber of Commerce
- Gina Forsyth, writer & community member
- Joanne McKechnie, School District 71
- Artur Ciaskowski, The Comox Valley Record
- Geeta Grier, volunteer & community member
- Rumbi Gavhure, volunteer & community member
- Hollie Ha, Holding Heritage Cultural Co.
- Disha Salhan, North Island College
- Angie Price, North Island College
- Drew Elliott, volunteer & community member